What a beautiful and humbling delight to be nominated for the Liebster Award 2017 by Shirell Dalton from The Simple Chocolatier. Please do visit her website for some chocolicious reading.
I started blogging a few years ago but I was unable to maintain a steady pace of consistency due to work demands and now you’re probably wandering how I manage to blog with a 1 year old in tow…trust me, you get tonnes done during nap times! I initially thought I’d hit a stagnant stage from lacking ideas, but as my blogs are focussed on motherhood, culture and family, I guess I have a lifetime of blogging ahead of me!
I have to reiterate that with this being my first award in the blogosphere, it truly means a lot to me. I’m so happy that many people have taken the time to read, like or comment. I’m truly humbled.
So, as the rules go, I have some questions to answer below. So I’ll get started!
- Out of all the countries you have visited, which one did you like the most?
I have travelled to many countries and this is always one question I struggle to answer. One of my many favourite destinations has to be Uganda. Such a beautiful country. It ticked many of my boxes of interest: beautiful landscape, active contemporary culture, rich history and warm friendly people. A big bonus was that I did not have any real expectations, so it was a great surprise to fall in love with such a beautiful place.
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
Paragliding across Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa. Yes, before you ask I was well aware of the risks involved (injury or death), they made me sign an indemnity for before proceeding. In fact, I only told my mum about it a week after and yes, she still went into one. Nonetheless, it was a breath-taking experience that I’d highly recommend.
- What inspires you most of all?
My mother inspires and motivates me to grow without any barriers. She’s always seen life to be a challenge and wholeheartedly encourages me to seize every moment of every day.
My mother has supported me in every part of my life. Right from childhood she has been with me like my shadow. We’ve had challenges just like everyone else, but she always managed to overcome them all because of the amazing and independent person she is. The experience of my life so far, has truly brought things into perspective. My mother taught me that hard times can be overcome and that losing battles can be won. She taught me more than I could have learnt from any book.
She set an inspirational example of teaching me how to live life and make wise choices, even in the most uncertain situations. I will ALWAYS respect and love her. She is my inspiration, my role model and my irreplaceable soulmate.
- What kind of blogs do you enjoy reading?
I really enjoy blogs about motherhood and culture mostly. However, I have days whereby I equally enjoy reading food, travel and lifestyle blogs. It really depends on my mood.
- What are your favourite posts to write?
I love writing about positive parenting and throwing out questions to engage my readers in a discussion. I’m not one to shy away from controversial topics either.
Ok, so that’s enough of question time, it’s time to present my nominees:
- Katrina from Mummy Diaries – documenting the highs and the lows of her new exciting chapter of motherhood as well as her love for fashion and beauty.
- Lee from Woeful Writes – chronicling her journey about hairstyles/hair products, parenting and the reality of writing.
- Hannah from Odd Mum Out – blogging about her wonderful journey of motherhood, childhood and her lifestyle. Everything from the silly, the serious and everything in-between can be read here.
- Mrs Be from Me Mrs Be – sharing her thoughts about the things she loves; travel, food, motherhood and married life. No frills or exaggerations, it’s just her being her.
- Ty from Belle From The North – pouring into a cup that needs filling, her personal blogs are a testimonial message to encourage, inspire and motivate her readers.
Ladies, congratulations! Prepare yourself to answer my 5 questions and nominate 5 different bloggers of your choice! Don’t forget to include the link to this blog in your article. So here are your questions;
- What inspires you most of all?
- One extreme thing you’ve ever done?
- What do you do when you are angry?
- If you could have anything you want in the world what would it be?
- Continue the phrase: ” If I were you, I…”
Thank you beauties, have fun.
Love, peace and hair grease!